1.06.2008

Chronically Chubby

Hi, my name is Noelle, and I am a weight-loss junkie. I cannot remember a time that I wasn't trying to lose weight.... ever. I'm not obese. I'm not diabetic. I don't have high blood pressure or cholesterol. But I am on my way there... and I'm not alone. That stops today.

My whole life, I have been up and down on the scale. Never terribly overweight, but heavy enough to get the fat-kid treatment throughout most of my school years. I call myself "chronically chubby." I was a fairly normal size as a toddler, but once school started, so did the pounds.


My first major "balls to the wall" weight loss attempt was the summer before my Senior Year of high school. I lost the weight, but it required exercising 3 hours a day and virtually starving myself. This obviously was not sustainable, and the pounds started creeping back on througout college. I went for a major weight loss again before my wedding in 2006 (as most brides do) and succeded. Again, I didn't sustain it... and so the weight is back on.

This is time is going to be different. This is not a New Year's Resolution or a passing interest. I am going to get fit, and I am going to get healthy... in a sustainable way. This is a New Life Resolution. I don't have 3 hours a day to commit to a trainer and a gym. I don't have a personal chef. I don't want to live on prepackaged diet food for the rest of my life. I don't need my stomach to be surgically shrunk. This will be a complete lifestyle turn-around. And so it begins....

No comments: